Saturday, June 26, 2010

Our First Rodeo

Yesterday was my sister in law Michele's birthday and they were going to the rodeo...well we decided to tag along and I'm glad we did we had a ton of fun.  I'd never been to a rodeo (that I can remember at least).
 We decided to have a BBQ at my house before we went to the rodeo.  We had a couple cakes and cupcakes too...I really needed to "carb load".  Don't worry I'm sure everything we ate was "fat free and organic".
This is a crappy picture cause it was taken with my phone.

I love this picture of Boston.  He was so excited to see the two guys parachuting in to start the Rodeo.  I thought it was super amazing they have that much control to land.
This is a picture of the kids running to do the cash calf thing.  They tape dollar bills onto a calf and send them out to a swarm of money hungry kids.  Brock got knocked down at one point and I thought he was going to cry but he got right up and kept running.  I asked him later if he got hurt and he was in denial and said "I didn't fall that was Boston".  I know I didn't get them confused because Brock has a buzz and was wearing something different than Boston...no excuses.  Gentry and I just laughed that he didn't want to admit he got knocked down.

5 comments:

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

What a fun evening for all of you. LIke the pictures.

Nielson Family said...

The rodeo here isn't until August but I know my kids will want to go. Glad you guys had fun! I love all the summer activities...its going by too fast.

The Hulls said...

How fun!! I love that Brock told you it was Boston... but they're wearing different clothes! Oh and I love Brock's karate video, he's got some sweet moves!

McInnes Family said...

Seriously, we had so much fun! Thanks for making my birthday such a fun day! And I absolutely love my new shoes :) I'm so excited for the 4th of July stuff too. I think the kids will have a blast with all of the fun activities.

Nicole said...

Hey cute girl so did you enjoy the Rodeo.. I wish i could have saw you its been forever. Thats one that Devan Does.. Hope you had fun!! Riverton is always a good one!