Wednesday, February 17, 2010

JUST FOR THE RECORD......

I went to pick the boys up from school today and as I was leaving their teacher Miss Elke was laughing and telling me that the boys were giving away all of our secrets. I got a little nervous (because you never know what my boys will say) and Miss Elke proceeded to tell me that the boys said that have to go to bed while mom and dad watch their "grown-up" shows. Then they told her that they will sneak in the hall and watch the shows. I about DIED, I'm sure she thinks we are watching some trashy shows. But for the record these shows include...American Idol, Survivor and the Bachelor. (Which, some may be considered trashy at times.) But I can just imagine what shows Miss Elke thought we were watching. So if you happen to hear any crazy stories from my kids..check with me first:)


This picture is the kids painting. I let them help me with some stuff for their room. They loved it.
OK OK OK, I know I've got an obsession. I love getting new bedding. I love making it, shopping for it...I've got issues I know. I think we have had close to 17 bedding sets since we've been married. But last August I made this black bedding. (I took this pic before it was all the way finished but it's the only one I have.) It was fun for a change but I decided I am too much of a color person, so about a month ago Gentry said I could get new bedding. I bought most of it (on sale I might add.) But then it needed something so I did the patchwork runner and the end of the bed along with the two big pillows. What can I say? It makes me happy every time I walk in my room.
SO much more "ME"....I love it...at least for a few months..ha ha.
This is my favorite picture of the boys. I enlarged it to a 20x30 and put it up in their room. They think it's pretty cool. What can I say, this is them EXACTLY. (Always up to some type of mischief)


15 comments:

Nielson Family said...

Hey Miss Creative, did those other posters come to your house yet? Jett heard me talking to you about going to Miss Elke's and he got all excited. Did you get a chance to talk to her about that?

Annika said...

That picture of your boys is hilarious! What fun buddies they will be for life.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

I love the bedding it is so you!!
And i remember the day that picture of the boys was taken. Looking out of your salon window and there they were so darn cute!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

P.S. I got a kick out of the grown up shows story!! So funny:).

Coatsy's said...

i love the bedding.... you should totally make me one.. :) we are in the process of redoing our bedroom.... i need something bright to try and make me happy..... love you hope all is well..

Heather said...

I LOVED your black bedding. I think I need to start buying your bedding after you're through with it, or you can help me with my own:)

Clements Family said...

Look at you! How crafty!!!
I am SO SO SO in need of new bedding. But I have a certain vision in mind, and have yet to find what I am looking for...so in the mean time, we have the UGLY bedding that we have had for 4 years.
LOVE LOVE LOVE your new bedding. Though, I do love the old one too:)

The Lind's said...

Wow you crafty thing!! I can barley sew a button on shirts...just don't look at the back of it...kind of messy! Ok I did sew a baby blanket...but nothing worth letting anyone see!Love your beddings before and after. I want sewing lessons...from you! I was going to say the same thing Heather said...selling your old bedding? :) Love your boys story. Naughty you and Gentry watching adult shows! :) haha!

Kristin said...

That is one of my favorite pictures of all time...I remember the first time you posted it. They are so funny...

Darci said...

so cute you crafty little chick! love the pic of your boys that is great you will cherish that forever!!!

Nick and Amera said...

Hey, the new bedding is AWESOME! I love it! your so creative!! As far as the adult movies, HAHHH, I couldnt stop laughing, your boys are hillarious! Its kind of like when McCoy says during Sacrament (while they are passing it none the less) he sais to me, "mom we dont say dam**t, its a baaaad word" really??? As everyone looks at me....for the record, he gets that language from his grandma :) Seriously, our kids never show thier achievments when we're bragging about them, but they are always soooo happy to "put us in thier place" Right........ I love both beddings-your dang cute

Kaydee and the boys said...

Ooooooo ADULT videos, eh? Nice.
Oh Betsy - you are a woman of many talents. And can I just say that you have such a nice husband to let you put that bedding set in your room!! I'm afraid my husband would have something to say about it... :)

Brittany said...

Love the new bedding! Super cute and colorful!

The Hulls said...

I LOVE your bedding Bets, it's definitely you! And that pic of the boys is my FAVORITE! Oh and one more thing, Reese told us today while she was doing Nate's hair that she was Betsy. :) I think she really is your daughter!

510Jen said...

We do the exact same thing and call our shows "grown up shows." Oh I LOVE the new bedding. Those are my favorite colors lately. So cute.