Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Eve Party

Photobucket










Our friends Trent and Mendee invited us over for New Years Eve. We had a way fun time. They ordered pizza and buffalo wings, and she made this YUMMY chocolate covered popcorn. (I'm pretty sure it's fat free and organic, so I ate lots of it.) Anyway I brought the trusty 7 layer bean dip, and I was going to bring a dessert, but didn't do so well and I ended up bringing cinnamon bears and skittles. I know it sounds random, but we had our kids, so I thought they'd appreciate it.

We played SLURP, and DON'T EAT PETE!...Slurp is where you pass around a bowl of skittles to the person who rolls 7,11 or doubles, and you try to suck the skittles out of the bowl with a straw. Luckily we had Trent there because Mendee and I had a hard time adding up the two dice. My games were random, I must have played them as a kid because Trent and Mendee hadn't heard of them...they were sports and played along though. I think the kids liked the games. (Mendee's older boy Kayson and his friend thought I was nuts, but they played along and we laughed.)

Mendee even supplied us with the sparkling cider, and we did the 10 second count down at 9:25...just in time to get the kids in bed by 10:00.

9 comments:

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Sounds and looks like so much fun. Such fun neighbors you have. Your lucky, they are such fun people. I really admire both of them. And you and Gentry know how to have tons of fun!! It is so much fun to read your blog and see what fun things you both do. You all have great smiles. And it really looked like a fun night. Happy New Year!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

P.S. Your nails look really pretty:)

deleted said...

Sounds like fun! You look gorgeous as always, love the pic of you and Gentry where your hair looks like it's blowing in the wind...

carrie said...

I cannot get over how stinking CUTE you guys are. What adorable pictures....and how HAPPY you guys always look. I love it. I'm glad you had such a fun New Year's Eve. I totally and completely agree with your adorable mother in law....I love to read your blog and see what fun things you guys are doing. Happy New Year!!

Heather said...

We did the same thing only we did the count down at 8:00. My kids keep telling people they stayed up clear til midnight (we set the clocks so they said midnight.)

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Betsy, Cute pictures. Fun New Year's Eve. I like the early countdown. Love, Mom

Johnston Family said...

How fun! We need to get together for a double date soon! I also love the blowing in the wind hair picture!

The Lind's said...

So fun! Look what fun parents you are!! It was great to see you...the little that I did. I was sad that we couldn't get together more...darn stomach flu! Next time! Happy New Year!

Clements Family said...

What a great idea! Looks like a fun night!