Sunday, August 24, 2008

"The Lagoon"







I'm naming this post "The Lagoon" and you are all wanting to correct me, I know. So let me explain.
I have the greatest sister in law Kassie who called me a couple of days ago and told me she had tickets to Lagoon. I wanted to go, but hesitated a bit because Gentry was going to be in Vernal working, and we all know I don't do anything without him connected to my hip. Anywho...I decided what the heck..I'll attempt it. So I went and I survived. Well sort of.

First things first. If you ever want to go to Lagoon, ask my mother in law to go with you. Holy cow, she said she was going to bring a couple snacks and drinks for the kids. Little did I know she brought a cooler FULL of yummy treats and drinks. (She even included several Diet Cokes...yes she is a saint.) I'm the slacker mom who thought I could feed them lunch and then maybe buy a treat while we were there, stop on the way home for a little something. That was just stupid thinking. If it weren't for my mother and sister in law my kids would have been impossible. They took them on rides gave them treats, and had me go on some of the bigger rides with Kamri and her friend. (Alyssa actually joined us for a few of the "big" rides.) Yes it was fun.....until the ride WICKED. (Even Alyssa wasn't dumb enough for that ride.) Of course Kamri tried to tell me it's not really scary, so I said "sure, why not". Then I saw the ride. HOLY COW! I about died. I'm still not sure how I can talk after screaming so loud. Every bone on my body hurt. EVEN MY ANKLES...and we all know how sturdy those bad boys are. (wink wink.)

So all in all we had a great time. Thanks again to Kassie and Cyndy for all your help, tickets and survival food. My kids keep asking when we can go back to "The Lagoon". I've corrected them, but they still like to add THE when referring to Lagoon. (And that is why I titled the post "The Lagoon".

15 comments:

Clements Family said...

How fun! I am so impressed that you went without Gentry! I want to go to The Lagoon...but Brooks is a party pooper!

Nielson Family said...

I have to take my kids sometime they would love it. Glad you guys had fun.

The Lind's said...

So fun! Your in laws are so sweet! That is the only way to go with lots of treats and...of course help!

missy :) said...

Betsy- I am glad you took the kids! I am a little disappointed that you didn't comment on the GERMS... You know the sticky bars you have to hold on too! :) I'm glad you were able to go with Kassie and Cyndy! Your kids will love looking at the pictures and retelling the stories! Oh- I love the boys in the boat! my kids thought that ride is so cool- the little boat- glad to see your kids did too!:)something about the boats...maybe because they float in 1 foot of water, and go in a nice calm circle! tell the boys to call me and tell me about there awesome trip to THE Lagoon!

Lyndee said...

I have you on the list of my google and since you went private I forgot it doesn't update. So I have missed all of your posts. I love the birthday cake. I haven't been to lagoon in years. Looks like you had so much fun. I proud of you that you went with out Gentry. I don't think I could do that.

The Bullocks said...

how fun. I havn't been to lagoon since highschool. it's been so long. I should muster up the courage to take my kids sometime. the poor things don't even know what it is. good for you.

Kristin said...

i'm with missy and the germ thing...i always leave there feeling like i picked up at least one disease...looks like fun though, brave woman

Coatsy's said...

How fun!!! Caleb and I attempted it a couple of weeks ago and I did the same thing, thought we should just bye things there BIG MISTAKE!!!! Andrea Robinson wanted me to let you know she wants to be added to your private blog bandarobinson@yahoo.com. Hope all is well with your family and I'll talk at you soon.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Betsy,
So glad you decided to go. It's not Disneyland for sure but still so much fun being together. The kids had a great time. Rattle Snake rapids was so much fun!! My pants just dried out:). Looking forward to more fun times together.

carrie said...

I'm laughing at Cyndy's comment....'cause when we go to Lagoon, my kids go on Rattlesnake Rapids OVER AND OVER again. :o) How fun for you guys to all go together!! I love the pictures. I think it's so great that your kids have so many great cousins to do things with. They're all darling.

The Hulls said...

you make me laugh!! love you guys!

kassie said...

We had such a fun day!!!! and talk about saints, I was so glad you were there so you could go with Kamri on all those crazy rides.And I could enjoy myself on puff the magic dragon. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING!!!!

Candice and Steve said...

wow bets u are brave, no way would I try and take all the kids without Steve. Its good that you had great help and Im glad you guys had fun.

shannon said...

How fun we went to lagoon just recently to. I just haven't posted my pictures yet. It's so much fun. your pictures are so cute....

Chereebee said...

cute, cute pics! We love Lagoon!
Glad you guys had a fun time :)