Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Brock and Boston's 12th Birthday

Boston and Brock had their 12th birthday!!! Crazy how time flies.  I know I say that all the time, but I seriously can't believe I have boys that are old enough to pass the sacrament.

On their birthday Boston took a picture of Brock at 8:02 am standing next to the clock on the microwave.  (That is the time Brock was born.  Boston was born at 8:04.) As soon as Boston took the picture he said "Awe, I don't want to turn 12 yet!" Brock replied (dead serious) with "Boston, it's so much fun!"  That describes my boys perfectly. They are ALWAYS laughing and giggling.

The boys really wanted metal detectors this year.  You can see their excitement while opening their shovels.  After a day of searching and only discovering gum wrappers Boston said "Mom, so many people have gum wrappers just fall out of their pockets." --Apparently they don't realize that most of the world thinks it's ok to just litter.  (Which is good because I can't stand when people just drop their trash for someone else to clean up.)



The boys wanted a "hang out" party this year.  I told them no birthday parties anymore, so this is their way of getting around that rule.  They wanted to have all of their friends come over and swim and hang out.  They also asked if they could have a Piñata....so I got them one.  I told them they couldn't look in it until the hang out party....funny story:

While driving home the other day, the boys were talking about the 2nd coming and about when they would die etc.  Boston is always very concerned about these two subjects.  He turned to me in the car and said, "Mom, I have to tell you something.  I accidentally looked in the piñata." Knowing he was lying I said "That's fine, it just won't be a surprise, but don't try to tell me it was on accident." Then Brock chimed in saying "Yeah he found a harmonica in there and started playing it!" The next day I found the harmonica in the wash.  I guess he forgot to put it back in the piñata and ended up putting it "accidentally" in his pocket.

We had my parents, Janay and Gentry's parents over on Sunday for cake and ice-cream.  We also had a pretty good game of Heads Up.  It's actually funny to watch the boys play with each other because I swear they can read each other's minds.



I got the boys suits for their 12th birthday.  Since they would be passing the sacrament and all.  They look pretty cute in them.  As I watched them pass the sacrament I couldn't help but giggle.  They took their job VERY seriously.  I could just see it in their eyes and they kept trying not to smile....but I know they thought they were pretty cool.
I just love these boys! They are so creative and always keeping us laughing.  These are a few notes from Boston.  He loves to leave us notes.  Mostly at bedtime cause I'm sure he's just avoiding going to sleep.  They also love to come in and give us hugs and kiss my cheek before bed.  They are the sweetest boys.

This note was attached to a balloon.  He just threw it in our room and ran out.  Hilarious. (At least we know we need to work on how to spell science.)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Spectacular! They look dapper here. Happy birthday to them! The best place to celebrate your birthday is with your family. I love celebrating my birthday with my family. This time I will be celebrating my 20th birthday in one of the event venues Chicago with my family and friends together.

Laura Bogart said...

I am no longer Blogspot, because... Your .Mikesell Family Blog is going on Google News for Brock and Boston to be more famous now that they met Brooklyn & Bailey, Bailey is Squared, and their twins channel is Cute Girls Hairstyles!

ahmed said...

شركة النظافة بالدمام
شركات نظافة بالدمام