Monday, September 10, 2012

9 to 5....

Last week Gentry and I went with our friends Angie and Greg to Hale Center Theatre to see 9 to 5.  I'd never seen the movie so I didn't know what to expect.  I had heard from another friend that it was really good and that I would love it, so I was excited to go. 

We went to dinner at Costa Vida before the play...and that might have been my favorite part of the night.  (It included food, so naturally it had to be my favorite.)

We went to the play, and it was different than I had expected....and by the time we got to the intermission we all agreed that we didn't need to see the other half of the show. 
 But at least it was a fun night with Gentry and our friends!  I'm so glad that Greg and Gentry get along so well.  It makes it nice for all of us to hang out!!
 The kids got their school ID pictures...of course I didn't buy them.  I only buy the class picture, I figure I would rather spend the money on family pictures.
 Alyssa gets a little offended that I don't buy her school pictures.  I think they are cute, but again, I'd rather spend the money on the pics I have of her when we do the family pictures.
 The other day the boys went over to the neighbors house to get their faces painted.   They all wanted to have NB on their face to stand for Nate and Boston or Nate and Brock.  I heard them in the bathrooms scrubbing it off right after they got home, I asked them why they washed it off and they said "Because they wrote it backwards!"...then proceeded with "They're just not professionals."  I about died laughing because they didn't realize it was backwards because of the mirror reflection.
 Saturday night the kids asked if they could go on a "date" with us.  We told them yes and they picked Texas Roadhouse.  My kids get their money's worth there. They ate about a dozen rolls even before dinner came.
 I was making the kids eggs for breakfast and I thought it was funny I got a "twin" egg.  I haven't had one since before I had the boys....they were so excited to see it.
 Gentry bought the boys BYU jerseys last week.  He was telling me that he was sick of seeing all the U of U jerseys and he wanted our boys to wear the BYU jerseys...Boston came upstairs and said "SHHHH Dad be quiet, Nate is here."  He didn't want Gentry talking bad about the U of U in front of Nate because Nate is a U of U fan.  But then they all decided they wanted to be both BYU and U of U fans....that way there was no disagreeing.
Well after everything, Boston decided he wouldn't wear any jerseys and that he really wanted a MattyB raps shirt.  So Gentry got it for him.  MattyB is a little boy that sings songs and makes music videos on youtube.  My kids love singing along and watching them.  I can't believe we bought this ugly shirt....and even PAID $20 for it.  What you do for your kids....sigh.
 I went in the garage tonight and couldn't help but laugh.  Brock had done this where Gentry parks.
It's hard to read but it says "Yeah Nate Wade Subru (Subaru) Best Dad" 
 Then on the back patio he wrote "Best Family" and drew a picture of all of us with our names.  He even included Frannie.

5 comments:

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Food is always the best part of any date! Cute story of your boys. And Matty B t-shirt what great parents you are. It looks like the boys love their family and the school pictures were really cute. Thanks for sharing!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

I love the twin eggs! I never get those. :)

Cyndy Mikesell said...

I love the twin eggs! I never get those. :)

Nielson Family said...

I love it that you left during intermission. Ian would have been all for that. I tried getting away with not buying school pictures but the only way to get a class photo is to buy a package. What a rip off. Love the updates and pictures. You do have an awesome family!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Can I just say that you are beautiful Betsy and
Gentry is so darn lucky!! I would have came and watched the last half. I loved the movie!!