Sunday, February 13, 2011

PLAYA DEL CARMEN


We went to Playa Del Carmen Mexico last week with our friends Katie and Ryan Bullock.  We had such a great time.  Gentry's parents were fabulous and took the kids for the week....relaxing for us!!!

The hotel we stayed at was fantastic!!!  It was all inclusive, so the bad part was we took advantage of ALL YOU CAN EAT...we wanted to get our money's worth!

 We may have made a few purchases before the first night was even over...they promised the items were real silver hmmmm.
 Gentry loved the water...I on the other hand loved the beach:)
Katie and I loved just sitting on the beach reading.  Seriously I could do this for a week and not even get bored.  We had fun people watching...Europeans dressed different than I realized...or should I say their "lack" of clothing surprised me.

 These were actually disgusting, but they looked like fun so we tried them.  Apparently the ones with alcohol might cover up the dirty water flavor???  All I know is they were gross...like warm dirty water. BLAH!
Gentry had to get his fruit fix.  Did I mention we went to eat at least 6 times a day.  Don't worry it was free...and probably calorie free too.
Come check out my place:)
 This is right outside of our hotel.  Seriously it was amazing!
 I'll be honest, the first few days I thought I might lose some weight cause I freaked myself out about the way the food was prepared.  I was sure everything was rinsed in the water that would make you sick.  Needless to say when I realized no one was getting sick I gave in and tried it all.  And it turned out to be really good....no weight loss either...figures.

This picture below makes me laugh. We literally took like 15 pictures just trying to get one with Gentry's eyes open.  We were riding in the bus home from Xel-Ha so we had nothing better to do than take a few snap shots.
 XEL-HA
 Looking at these pictures, it's hard to believe we were just there.  We kept getting asked if we were there for our honeymoon and we said "No, we actually have 3 kids"...with which they replied "Wow, you look great for having 3 kids."  So we made sure to tell EVERYONE how many kids we have....hey we were just trying to build our selves up.
 Dolphins right by me!!!  I was super excited.  We went snorkeling and the people who worked there threw food in the water, thinking we would like seeing the fish come close to us.  Instead we (Katie and I) started screaming.  I literally floated into fetal position and screamed.  I was PANICKED!  So apparently the people on the other side of the resort thought it was a shark.  Hey at least if we aren't entertained, we are there to entertain them....I was sure the fish were gonna eat us.
 ...and these birds just chillin by us.




OUTSIDE THE HOTEL....BEAUTIFUL!!

 RAIN RAIN GO AWAY....let me enjoy my time in MEXICO!!!
 The city for a little shopping?!?  Hands in the air...going for the "skinny pose". 
 The last night we went to one of the shows at the hotel.  The entertainment was exactly that...entertainment!  We couldn't help but laugh at the shows.  Although I don't think they were supposed to be that funny.
Now...if I could just go back:)

11 comments:

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Glad you had such a good time. Happy you are back.

The Hulls said...

That looks like so much fun!! Glad you guys had such a great time! Love all of your pictures!!

The Bullocks said...

What I thought I totally beat you in posting. so fun... sniff sniff

Nielson Family said...

I'm so jealous of your trip. You picked the perfect time to go.

P.S. I'm loving the fringe purse

Clements Family said...

I am so jealous! That looks so much fun...February is the perfect time to leave Utah and get some sunshine!

Annika said...

Your dictation makes me laugh. "Skinny pose"?

The Lind's said...

Oh my heck that looks like amazing!! I love all the pictures! You guys are some cute hot mammas! How fun! I want/need some sun!! :) Glad you guys had a great time!!

Kaydee and the boys said...

You two crack me up. Sounds like a blast!!!... jerks.

P.S. It's true - doesn't look like you've had 3 kids. :)

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing all the pics. Now I can pretend I was actually there. It looks so beautiful!

us said...

I love those pictures. Cute blog. You should be able to just click on "US" to get to our blog. I love my hair. Thought of you when I caught up on the Bachelor last night. What an episode... brows, chicken body, and all ;)

Johnston Family said...

I am a bit of a jelly belly right now, that looks like heaven!!! :)