Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

I'm sad to say this is probably the last pool party of the season. My mom called about a week ago and asked if we could have dinner and a pool party at our house for Labor Day. I was actually excited to have something planned for the holiday.











We had hamburgers...barbecued by yours truly...ME. (Notice Matt in the background, I swear I know I always say this, but do boys ever grow up?)











It was a smaller group this time, but we were lucky enough to celebrate Matt's birthday. The best part was he brought yummy chocolate cake. Oh and my parents made homemade peach and raspberry ice cream.






















My nephew Buster was throwing Brock in the air, and he thought he was pretty cool...like Superman!

8 comments:

The Hulls said...

Oh how fun!!! The pictures are great! Brock does look like superman! Love and miss you guys!

AngiDe said...

What a fun holiday! Wish that we could have spent the day at the pool.... we got rain the whole day :(

Clements Family said...

Oh how fun! I am sad that our pool closed yesterday...now I have to get creative on how to entertain my kids!

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

It was a fun relaxing day. Thanks for letting us have the holiday at your house. Love, Mom

Nielson Family said...

I wish we would have done something fun for Labor Day. Ian worked and me and the kids ran errands. The city pool closed when school started, I'm jealous that you guys are still able to swim.

The Lind's said...

What a great way to end the summer....fun with the fam!

Chereebee said...

how fun!! I'm so jealous that you guys have a pool! I guess those are the perks of your hubbys job! :)

McInnes Family said...

Thanks so much for having it at your house! It is so much more fun when the kids can swim! And they had a blast. Especially thanks to Buster and Connor for playing with them :) Fun times. Sorry Matt's such a goober in all the pictures. I have come to realize that he will never grow up!!!