Sunday, September 15, 2013

GOBLIN VALLEY

We decided last year that we wanted to take the kids to Goblin Valley.  We had talked to a bunch of people that said we would love it so we decided to go.  We went with a few families Chamberlain's White's, Dailey's and Thomas's which made it more fun for the kids because there was always someone for the kids to play with.
 The kids were constantly looking for lizards.  They decided to put one on Gentry's ear for an earring.
 We went on a hike through Little Wild Horse Canyon.  It was nice and shady for the most part.  It was pretty fun.  There were a few spots I got a little claustrophobic...but I survived.
 Gentry is always climbing on rocks to take pictures of everyone....so I had to take pictures of him with my cell phone.


Everywhere we went it was so beautiful.  There were so many cool things to see.

 We stayed in a group site literally right next to all the climbing hills.  The kids LOVED it.  The only downfall was it was super hot and you had to turn off your generators by 10:00 PM so it was a little warm at night.
 There was a really nice pavilion that we all sat in chairs and visited.  It was nice and shady and the breeze felt good too.
 Goblin Valley was really cool.  The kids literally ran around everywhere playing hide and go seek and just checking everything out.

 Alyssa was constantly doing heel stretches everywhere.....so we got several pictures of that.





 So I did a heel stretch with her......OK OK I "tried" to do one.

 We thought this rock looked like a bum...so Brock sat on it.

 Roasted some marshmallows...


 During part of the hike, Boston was ahead of me and he ran back to me and said "Mom, I don't know if you're gonna fit."  And when I got through he saw me and looked surprised and said "Oh look you made it."  I was laughing...only a kid can be so honest.




 Angie Greg and Gentry all went on a little hike in Goblin Valley....I stayed back...luckily...they said I would have hated it.  (I'm scared of heights and ledges...of course.)
All in all the kids had  a great time.  I had a headache the whole time, and I think I was stressed about getting home because we were getting our house repainted.  The trailer was nice, but the people before us didn't dump it...needless to say it really stunk and it was filled before we left.  Luckily we found some nice bathrooms and showers at the campground.  Here's to MAKING MEMORIES!

No comments: