Sunday, August 4, 2013

To Vegas and Back....

After having six kids for a little over a week....we decided to let our kids head to Vegas with their cousins.   They left Tuesday morning and the plan was to pick them up on Saturday.  Wednesday night I got a call and my kids were crying and they wanted to know if we could pick them up early.  The next morning they called back and said "Never mind don't pick us up.  We were just emotional last night."
 Missy offered to keep the kids until the following Saturday because we would have to come down for Jessica's farewell then anyway.  That way we wouldn't have to drive down to Vegas two weekends in a row.  
So Gentry and I spent the time with out kids doing....a whole lot of working!  I was so mad that we didn't do something fun while they were gone.  Maybe next time we will use our time more wisely! Ha ha..

 One day we did take a drive to Park City and have dinner.  That was actually really fun!

 We had Chase's Birthday party at our pool, and my kids missed out on the whole thing because they were in Vegas.  Chase was so excited about every present he got.  It was his birthday on the way out here and so they stopped at McDonalds twice.  He said "I got two presents today, MCDONALDS!"  That boy is so sweet!


Then we went to Vegas to pick up our kids.  Gentry got off work a early because we were so excited to see them!  Apparently after that much time away we miss our crazy kids.
They had a blast staying with the Tebbs/McInnes families.  I don't know if they were ready to come home.  Luckily we had the new kitty so they were excited to see her.

First stop was at Cane's when Gentry and I got to Vegas.  My kids love this place!
This picture cracks me up.  Apparently Tate tried swimming with his clothes....so then he had to take them off.

 My kids were so excited to see Jennifer's kids!  They don't get to see them very often because they live so far away.

 Chris and Jenni had a BBQ the night before Jess's farewell.  They let the kids swim too.  Everyone had a really good time.




 Jessica did such a great job on her talk.  She asked me to sing, and luckily (for me) I sang first so that by the time she spoke I wasn't nervous anymore and I could listen to her talk.  We will sure miss her, but she will be a great missionary I'm SURE!!!
 Saying goodbye to cousins!  My kids have had such a fun summer!!  I'm so glad they have such a great time with their cousins!



We drove the car down because it's so much cheaper on gas....it may have been a little crowded, but whatever:)
 Gentry had a work party BBQ so the kids and I rode down on Trax to meet him.  I'm so bummed because I didn't take any pictures once we got there, so this is all I have.

 Yesterday we had another pool party with all the cousins because Michelle (Alan's wife) and her girls were here.  I'm getting bad about taking pictures so this is all I have.  It cracks me up because Jett LOVES Alyssa.  He says she is his girlfriend.
One last story.
Boston and Brock: "Mom, are you going to have any more kids?"
Me: "NO"
Brock: "But I really wanted a little brother!"
Boston: "Uh, duh Brock, you have me!"
Brock: "No, I mean like a LITTLER brother, I want Boston to know what it feels like to be a middle child."
This made me laugh because Brock thinks he is a middle child and Boston thinks he is the "younger" brother.  I guess they're both sorta right.

No comments: