Saturday, June 15, 2013

All-Stars, Field Trips and Lots of Fun

Brock had All-Star Tryouts on Monday night.  There were 118 boys trying out and only 36 spots available (for 3 different teams).  I told him that he did a good job, but that he probably won't make it.  I also told him Gentry didn't make it until he was older.  (Hoping that would make it a little easier to take.)  So Tuesday afternoon when I got a call from the All-star coach I was really surprised he made it.  I couldn't wait for him to get home so I could see the look on his face.  HE WAS THRILLED! His last game with the D-Backs was Tuesday night.
Brock and his coach Dan McCay


 We always have pretzels in the pantry.  The other day Boston said, "Mom, will you refill the pretzel machine?"  So  I laughed and refilled the jar.
 I went with Alyssa on her field trip.
 I was in charge of teaching the kids about Adobe bricks.

 Luckily I had Angie with me.  She's the smart one who actually taught the kids some actual facts.
 The kids had to put the mud in the wood and make a brick.

 The weather has been really windy the last week.  Brock and Boston were both getting swollen eyes.  Not sure if it was the weather or the cat that showed up at our house.


 The kids left food and water out for it, along with a blanket...no wonder it stays around.

 This morning Adrienne surprised me with a visit.  She bought this cute headband.  She only got to stay for a few hours but it was fun anyway.

 I took Alyssa and Halle for pedicures.  They thought it was pretty cool being with Adrienne and me.

 Meanwhile Brock stayed at the closing Ceremonies for baseball.  Since he was picked for All-stars he got a trophy.  I think he was pretty excited.

 The best part about making All-Stars is his cousin Max made the same team!!!
 A bunch of his friends made the same team too!  Hopefully they do well!!!

1 comment:

S said...

Congratulations Brock!!!