Saturday, December 15, 2012

Welcome Back Elder Townsend!!!!

My nephew Buster just got back from his mission.  We were so excited.  We hurried to make it to the airport after Boston and Brock's basketball game.  They were a little bummed they had to wear their jerseys, but I assured them that Buster would want to see their jerseys. 

The kids have been counting down the days for the last week.  On the way to the airport the boys said "I don't know if I remember what Buster looks like."  Then they went on and said "We are going to be so sad when Connor leaves...Do you think Buster will babysit us?" 

The kids made posters during the day and we took them with us.
 I think these two were a little excited!

 waiting....
 ....and waiting....
 ....and....WAITING....
 Wahoo!!! Here he is!!!
 I love this picture, you have Connor on the right with the camera recording (possibly getting a little teary eyed), Matt holding Janay so she can't run to him and the kids are glued to Buster.
 Thank goodness Matt let go of Janay so she could run to him.
 A Mom's greatest moment....
 Gentry was pretty excited to see Buster too.
 Connor had to "introduce" Buster to the latest handshake.
 I think they're happy to be together!!!

 My Dad, just staying out of the way and holding on to everyone's stuff.

 Matt and Buzz....the rest of his family was sick at home.
 Grandpa and Grandma


Welcome home Elder Townsend!!!  We love you!

3 comments:

S said...

Great job of taking pictures catching everyone's emotions. What an exciting night it was. Thanks for sharing so quickly.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

What a wonderful family time!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Nielson Family said...

I have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed at some of these pictures. Thats so cool you guys got to be there!