Sunday, June 10, 2012

NEW NEPHEW..and a couple other fun things.


 Jennifer went in on Monday to have her baby #4.  I was so excited.   Just as I was taking Brock to his all-star tryouts my mom called to say she had her baby.  Brock had a game after tryouts, so I didn't get to see the lil' guy until almost 9:45pm.  Jennifer delivered "natural" without any meds.  I couldn't believe she did it, but she said she didn't want to pay for it, and figured she could use the money for Chase's preschool next year.  CRAZY WOMAN!  Anyway Nate ended up being able to deliver the baby.  He said he hadn't delivered a baby since med school, but he did a great job...and Jennifer recovered awesome!


 
MEET DASH NATHAN HULL
 7lbs 7oz 20 inches long
Proud Mom and Dad!
 Proud aunt Betsy!!



 
We sure love you baby Dash!

 Brock and Boston have been growing their hair out for what feels like FOREVER.  Brock decided the other day that he wanted to cut it.  I've been trying to encourage them to do different hairstyles for  a while, but now that they finally decided to do it, I got kind of sad.  I guess it's all part of growing up.  It started out that Brock still wanted it long on top...but within a few hours he changed his mind and opted for the buzz.
 You see here at the Mikesell home, I don't necessarily think its important to wipe off food (or s'mores in this case) off their face just for a picture.  I like to keep it "real".  ha ha.
 I can't get over how different they look now!

Saturday I took the kids to see the Herriman Parade.  I've never taken them to it before, and Gentry had to work so he missed out...bummer.  It was a really fun parade.  The kids got loads of candy, and I stayed thoroughly entertained...even though there were only about 5 actual floats between trucks and advertisements...but who really cares as long as they throw candy to the kids right?

We got to the parade early and the kids played at the playground for a few minutes.

 Reese slept over the night before and Alyssa picked out their outfits and did their hair.  (Reese is wearing Alyssa's clothes.)  I love that Alyssa is so good at doing hair...it makes my life easier!  They look so much alike to me!
 Patiently waiting for the parade to start.

 Nate ended up coming with the Chase and Jett.  Jennifer stayed at home with baby Dash.  Chase and Jett were cracking me up, anytime they heard music they would dance their little hearts out.

  By the time the parade was over it was lunch time.  Chick-fil-a was celebrating their 4th anniversary at the District.  So they had a bunch of games and a bouncy house.  So naturally we had to go there for lunch.

Boston won the awesome hat he is wearing.  The kids all won a few prizes and a couple free chicken sandwiches.  Plus they got their faces painted too.

 Later that night we took the kids to see fireworks.  We decided to park at a church near the park and watch the fireworks rather than battle the crowd at the park.  The only problem was as we were sprawled out on the blanket the sprinklers came on.  WE GOT SOAKED!  So after moving locations we got comfortable and watched the fireworks.  The kids loved it.  We've never taken them before because we always said it was too late.  But their comment was "This is way better than watching from our bedroom window!"  Apparently when we thought they were asleep in previous years they were watching from their rooms.
This picture is a classic.  All of my kids have issues with blinking...hmm I wonder where they get it?
 Within 5 minutes of driving this was my kids...we wore them out!

1 comment:

Nielson Family said...

Congratulations Jennifer! I couldn't agree with you more about not wanting to pay for an epidural. P.S. I love the name Dash.

Seriously it looks like the middle of winter with all your kids bundled up in their coats. Is it really that cold up there at night?

Love all the pictures and updates, keeps me motivated to do my blog.