Friday, February 10, 2012

Cruisin With the McInnes Clan


About a year ago we all talked about going on a cruise with my whole family.  I sent a few group emails hoping at least a few families would be able to make it and TA-DA the entire group...(minus my nephew Buster because he is on a mission) came!  It was a fun bunch of CHAOS!  My kids LOVED it.  They kept telling us that this cruise was way more fun than the last time.  (Maybe because this time they didn't get sick...and they had cousins to play with 24/7)

Last minute we found a good deal on flights and decided to fly.  It worked out great...let's be honest none of us do well on long drives.









 Connor supplied ALL of the kids with these awesome sunglasses.  They all wore them!



 The kids ordered escargot...I think Jaron liked it!
 The first stop was Catalina...it was rainy and cold, but we still managed to have fun!


 The kids decided to go in the water with shoes and socks on...about 20 minutes later they were crying and freezing...needless to say we took them back to the cruise ship and our time at Catalina was short lived.
 Ensenada was our 2nd stop.  It was perfect weather.  We did a little bit of shopping and headed back to the ship for some sun time.
 The boys all wanted to buy matching sweatshirts...and continued to wear them the rest of the cruise...even when it was too warm to wear them.

 The ship had waterslides on the back, but the water was freezing and so they didn't spend very much time back there.




We all stayed in the same room...yep it was crowded, but my kids all end up in the same bed at home so they didn't seem to notice.
 I played "A Minute to Win It" game...and WON.  OK OK OK so I was the only competitor...but who cares I won a trophy!
 Waiting for the whole group so we can head to dinner.
 Alyssa and Kate said they would "babysit" Jennifer's kids while we went to a comedy show.  I told them just to listen if they heard crying from our room.  They took their jobs very seriously and sat outside the room and put a glass cup to the door to listen in on the sleeping kids.  They did that for an entire hour.  Crazy girls, we told them to watch a movie.
Before we left for the cruise we had the kids do chores to earn a build-a-bear day.  They loved it and the boys all picked the same thing.  A monkey with scuba-gear.
And that's me...building away!



 A little breakfast on the deck.
 The towel animals!







And the trip wouldn't be complete if we didn't get a taxi to take us to Chick-fil-a.
I think everyone had a good time.  I know we did!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks like fun...how can a vacation not be fun though?! I'm still all jealous! Way cute pics, and a way big family! Can we go next time?

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Wow!! Looks like a great time!! Good food, family fun, good memories. Loved seeing all the pictures!!
Glad you are all safely back!! We missed you:)

S said...

Betsy, can't thank you enough for putting this together. I loved us all being together and laughing and having so much fun. Loved watching all the cousins play and watching the older ones making so many friends and having so much fun. THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU SOME MORE.

Clements Family said...

What a FUN FUN Trip! I am so jealous! I love that all your family went too!