Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hobble Creek Half

Last year I didn't think I would ever talk Gentry into running a mile with me.  But since we started CrossFit, it's been whole other story.  We went for a run while on vacation, and then on the 4th of July the gym was closed so Gentry went running with me again.  We got to talking and I convinced him (I'm still not sure how I did this) to run a half marathon with me.  AND HE SAID YES!
Angie, Me, and Brenda
We didn't really train, I ran a few times with my friends...but he didn't run at all (other than the 2 times with me) so luckily we survived.  Gentry also said "I'm glad it's over and I will NEVER do that again!"...so I think it's safe to say it was his first and LAST half marathon. But hey, WE FINISHED!!!!  Our time was 2:05...not too bad, we wanted to finish in under 2...but if I'm being honest we were just glad to finish!

Angie ran ahead of us and finish in 1:55.  GOOOO Angie!

The kids were so excited for us to run because they got to sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa Mikesell's house.  They were counting down the days for the entire week.  (Glad they missed us:)

On a side note, Alyssa is always asking me to french braid her hair.  (I don't do french braids, I make everyone else do them for me) and since I tell her I can't do them she decided to teach herself.  I was so proud.  Maybe she can give me lessons:)




3 comments:

S said...

Way to go Gentry and Betsy. And Alyssa great french braid.

Clements Family said...

Good job guys! One day...after this baby I will get into running...and crossfit. I am already wanting to lose my baby weight, and I am not quite half way done!!

Annika said...

Ha, I am laughing you drug Gentry into it! That is just funny.