Sunday, November 22, 2009

Manzanillo, Mexico

We just went to Manzanillo with our friends. We had such a good time. I have to be honest, the week before we left I was starting to get a little nervous about going. I'd never heard of Manzanillo and none of my friends did either. I was starting to think everyone was tricking me into going to a crazy place and then leaving me there. I was also nervous about the accommodations and everyone said to never drink the water. Well once we got there...I realized there was no need to worry. It was beautiful. This was the view from the "common area"...sort of like the family room I guess you could say.
Photobucket
This is where we sat to eat all of our meals.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The place we stayed was awesome. It was a big house with rooms all on separate parts of the property, so you could visit with everyone but you still had your privacy.

We went shopping at the little market things they have, I found a couple fun little treasures to bring home.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is the pool at our place. The boys were always entertaining us everyday with something new. This pic is of the Gentry and Nick chicken fighting Jeff and Mike. To give you an idea of the size difference here are their stats:
Nick 5'8, Gentry 5'7 and Mike 6'2" and Jeff 6'5". Needless to say we all got a good laugh.
Photobucket

Photobucket
We even surfed! Well I attempted, but Gentry did it! He got up the first time he tried...let's just say it took me a little longer. I quit once I stepped on something slippery. We went snorkeling too. I have to say it turned out to be my favorite part of the trip!
Photobucket
The surf instructor Pako was at the beach the 1st day. He was a police officer. I laughed because it reminded me of the guy on the Proposal who had a new job everyday depending on the shirt he was wearing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We even went on an enormous zip line...and if you know me, that is a BIG DEAL! It was 5 separate zip lines. By the 3rd I actually started to enjoy it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We had to hike to get to the top starting point. This was the bridge you had to cross. I'm not gonna lie it was a little scary.
Photobucket
Gentry went golfing with a few of the guys and Heather. I guess they all lost to a girl:) Good job Heather!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I talked my friend Mignon into getting a hat like me. I don't know how much we will really wear them, but it was fun at the time.
Photobucket
This is our driver-personal assistant Arturo. I don't think we could have made it without him. He translated for us and hooked us up with seats at a sold out movie. I loved not worrying about how to get anywhere because he just drove us. He also helped us plan the stuff we did like the zip line and shopping.
Photobucket
This is the awesome staff that cooked cleaned and even washed our laundry. Yes, you heard me right, they washed our laundry. We didn't realize they were going to do it until we came back from the beach and noticed all of our laundry together on the couch. We all got a good laugh because we were a little embarrassed to have the our clothes (and undies) done by someone else. But we got over that quick and enjoyed the service.
They asked us everyday what we wanted to eat and made all of our meals fresh. They even packed coolers for us when we went to the beach. I felt like a queen! I should probably be mad they were such good cooks after weighing myself this morning...darn.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is the whole group including the staff.
This last pic is on our way home. Gentry actually picked this magazine out so I had to get a picture of it. We both love Ellen and she is trying to make this months magazine the best seller so we contributed!Photobucket

12 comments:

The Hulls said...

That looks awesome Bets!!! And way to go going on the zip line! I'm sorry I called you, I didn't realize you were in Mexico and did you have to pay money to call me back? I'll pay you back when we come to Utah. Two more weeks! Woohoo!!! Love you guys! And I'm glad you had fun!

Johnston Family said...

Hello?!? I told you about Monzanio (totally spelled wrong, but I don't want to take the time), it's really fun huh? It looks like you had a blast. Have to admit, I'm a little bit jealous of your tan.

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Great pictures and I'm so glad you had a good time and you came home safe. Love, Mom

Heather said...

SO SO JEALOUS!! What an awesome vacation. I'm so glad you returned home...and safely. I'm quite impressed you even got in the water, let alone tried to surf. Do you know what fish do in that water???

Bonino Family said...

We really had a great time huh! We need to start planning another vacation. I think I'll wear my hat tomorrow just for good time sakes.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Wow!! A trip of a life time!! I have been waiting for you to post so i could see everything. What a great time and so much fun. I am so glad you got to go and then had such a wonderful time. You look gorgeous as usual in all the pics and Gentry handsome. So glad you are back safe. We missed you!
Love ya both,
Cyndy

The Bullocks said...

I"m sooo jealous!!! it looks so fun. someday!!!!

Clements Family said...

Oh what a fun trip. I have never been to Mexico...and I love that you went and saw New Moon while you there. I am jealous of the zip line...I have always wanted to do that!

Greg and/or Angie said...

How fun! We'll have to walk/run with you one of these mornings to get more details. I love Ellen too and so I bought the magazine. The only O magazine I've ever purchased.

Brittany said...

hey....so so jealous. How do you look at the pictures on flicker????? it keeps saying I need a password. You can just email me at brittany_shields@hotmail.com.

Di said...

Ok I want to plan a trip there now. The staff alone sold me. Looks so fun! Glad it was safe :)

Darci said...

Looks like fun Mexico is my fav! Glad you guys finally got to go and with a fun group how fun! Gotta love the coverups they are a lifesaver down there! Hey and the pool here to you can get two uses out of them right so Gentry can't be mad since you bought like 10 of them :)!!