Sunday, July 13, 2014

4th Of July

This year was the first year that I was in charge of Diving For Dollars at the Riverton Pool.  Usually Janay does it and I help out, but she was working a ton and didn't have time to do it.  It turned out really fun.  The kids had a great time.

This year Alan was in town and I had him be the MC and announce all the kids doing the Cannon Ball contest.  Brock and Boston both did the contest.  They were hilarious.  Brock asked Alan to announce him as Hollywood ( a nickname that was given to him during baseball.)  As he walked down the diving board he was lifting his arms trying to get more cheers, and then cupping his ears waiting to hear for the cheers.  I cracked up.

Boston was just as funny during his Cannon ball jump.  He started out blowing kisses and then did this walk (kind of like the "walk like an Egyptian" strut.  We cracked up and the crowd cheered pretty loud for them.








Then we hurried home for the BBQ pool party at our house.  It was fun and the kids continued to swim!









 I kept this picture because this is how it always is with my brothers when I try to take pictures.  Someone is always picking their nose or mooning in the background.


After the BBQ we decided to take the kids to the Riverton Carnival.  The kids seemed to really like it, but it was expensive and HOT!   We were all dying of thirst after being in the sun all day.







 We let the kids go in these blow up balls.  They got 5 minutes in the balls, and they were worn out.  It looks like a good workout.  They remind me of mice in the spinning wheels.



 We took the kids to In 'n Out for dinner.  Brock was crying because he didn't want to eat. (I think he was just overheated, because about 15 minutes after being at the restaurant he wanted to eat.


 We did some fireworks....at about 8:00.  It was a LONG day, and I wasn't about to stay up late.  Plus Brock had a game the next day and we didn't want him to be tired.


No comments: